Providing freshly ground products right at the table at home makes the dining experience more enjoyable. The Grinder NR™ packaging system is a new product in the Weatherchem line. Non-removable with a PET container that is non-refillable, Grinder NR has a distinctive shape and appearance that is ideal for spices and seasonings. Another new product, the FlapMate™ closure, offers portion control, contemporary design and easy opening. Health concerns leading spice and seasonings marketers to introduce new products that reflect current lifestyle concerns. As you design your new packaging for these products, contact us for product information. After all, variety is the “spice” of life, and our variety of closures for spices and seasonings will meet your every requirement.
- A rising trend in this market is the desire by consumers to have fresh spices to cook with. However, with the typical American’s busy schedule there is no time to stop by the grocery store each day for fresh spices & seasonings. The solution to this consumer need was the introduction of the grinder package.
- The diversity of flavor for the spice line has grown due to the influence of Asian and Hispanic demographics groups.
- Consumers despise the sifter fitment and any package that eliminates this frustration is bound to grab market share and improve the consumers overall experience with their product.
- The growth in the retail spice market is a modest 2% annually. This growth will depend on consumer eating habits, the trend toward healthier lifestyles, and convenient/time-saving packages.
If you are thinking of a product that brings a fresh grind to the restaurant table look no further than our new Grinder NR™
packaging system. With the durability and convenience needed for food service usage, Grinder NR delivers a cost effective solution. And where controlled dispensing is required in food institutions, offering less waste and greater economy, check our Products
section for the right product with the right dispensing option.
- It is estimated that Americans eat one-third of their meals in public establishments (restaurants, hotels, cafeterias, institutions, and snack stands). Furthermore, families spend about 30% of their total food expenditures on food cooked outside of the home.
- The packaging found in food institutions comes in much larger quantities and is typically packaged based on price rather than convenience. There has been some movement to convenient packaging for spices & seasonings that are used in smaller quantities. For instance, the parsley, garlic salt, peppercorns, basil, and other flavor adding spices now come packaged in plastic containers with controlled dispensing closures. However, the salt and pepper are still likely to come in very large pouches.
- Check out our Video on one Chef's opinion of what makes packaging convenient for him.