Cleveland, OH - Annual award recognizes northeast Ohio’s best workplaces.
Weatherchem Corporation has joined the ranks of the NorthCoast 99, one of the most prestigious and sought-after honors in the northeast Ohio business community. Weatherchem, a manufacturer of specialty packaging for food products and other industries, is based in Twinsburg, Ohio.
The NorthCoast 99 is an annual award given to a select group of employers – corporate, non-profit, and public sector – in Northeast Ohio who demonstrate exceptional commitment to creating positive, supportive workplaces that recruit and retain top talent. The NorthCoast 99 is sponsored by the Employers Resource Council (ERC), Northeast Ohio’s premier human resources and talent management organization.
“Being named to the NorthCoast 99 is a special honor and point of pride for everyone at Weatherchem,” said Jennifer Altstadt, President of Weatherchem. “Our entire team has helped to create a culture that develops top performers, and it’s rewarding to see our company recognized as part of the NorthCoast 99.”
The NorthCoast 99 selection committee evaluates a variety of factors when deciding which companies and organizations to honor. Weatherchem was recognized for several talent management and workplace practices that have helped make the company a destination for top talent:
• Demonstrating an exemplary commitment to employees’ welfare and personal growth – through such programs as an Employee Assistance Program, a comprehensive wellness program and annual health fair, and DISC profiling to help employees discover and develop their ideal working styles.
• Playing a role as good stewards in the community – Weatherchem employees are involved with supporting charity events for the Twinsburg Police Department and other community volunteer programs.
• Creating relationship-based partnerships with customers, suppliers, and industry groups – working to be more than just a manufacturer or a supplier of products, Weatherchem employees participate actively in their customers’ industry associations and work to “go deeper” to understand their customers’ business needs.
• Harnessing employee creativity and insights – Weatherchem was recognized for its annual Kaizen LEAN manufacturing events, where employees work in teams over a 2-3 day period to address specific issues to improve processes and reduce costs.
• Cultivating a reputation for innovation – Weatherchem relies on unique knowledge and understanding of various niche markets, helping the company to create proprietary and custom product offerings for a variety of industries and consumer uses.
• Improving energy efficiency and environmental sustainability – Weatherchem strives to be a more environmentally sustainable company, with such methods as using new energy efficient presses and chillers, a company-wide recycling program, and focusing on ways to reduce scrap material and waste.
“At Weatherchem, we recruit, hire and develop people based on our unique Top Performer philosophy, which states that any of our employees are capable of being top performers,” said Jennifer Altstadt. “Our top performers have underlying values that enable them to learn from their mistakes, continuously improve their skills, and recognize that performance is an ongoing process, not a one-time destination.”
Need a quote? Have a
question? Contact us!