Pharma Packaging and Closures for the Over the Counter Market
Tamper-proof, child-resistant, senior-friendly, all of these pharma packaging
factors can affect the market viability of your products. And we can’t forget storage and freshness as critical factors. When it comes to selecting the closure for your OTC packaging, our NutraGen II®
offers a new solution. With the NutraGen II dispensing large or small pills is not a problem. Our controlled dispensing closure helps your customer pour just the right amount. The NutraGen II closes with an audible snap so freshness and security are part of your package. Browse through our Products
section for other OTC pharma packaging
and market solutions.
- An aging population also drives the demand in the OTC drug market. As consumers age, they are seeking ways to live a healthier and longer life.
- The rising costs of doctor’s visits and prescription drugs also make over-the-counter drug alternatives attractive to the consumer. The value to the consumer is the ability to stay at work with minor ailments and the ease at which they can treat their illness.
- On average, this market will see a healthy growth rate of 7%. Blockbuster OTC drugs and strong brands will experience the highest growth.
Plastic Closures for the Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements Market
If you are a manufacturer, contract packager or a retailer private labeling your own line of vitamins, minerals and supplements you can relate to the effects of the baby boomer influence on pharma packaging. Convenience is a critical factor for this group, and they have the spending power to get what they need. That is why we have recently introduced the NutraGen II®
closure. This product is ideally suited to the VMS market. Easy to open and easy to dispense, NutraGen II is just one of our closures that VMS packagers can choose.
- Demand for vitamins, minerals, and supplements will be driven by a consumer trend to pursue a healthier lifestyle through wellness and healthy living. An aging population and increased life expectancy will also fuel the growth in this segment contributing to a total growth in nutraceuticals of 6% annually.
- The market for vitamins, minerals, and supplements is highly fragmented and consumers are still trying to connect with a brand that identifies with all of their needs. Packaging will play a crucial role in the initial connection consumers have with a brand and may build brand loyalty if it provides ease of use.
- Baby boomers, especially those starting to see symptoms of aging such as arthritis, place a significantly higher value on convenient packaging. In addition, those baby boomers are also trying to eliminate or slow down other signs of aging like wrinkles making the demand for properly designed and functioning cosmetic packaging much greater.